Monday, December 04, 2006

The Book of Five Rings

And now I’m glad I didn’t know
The way it all would end, the way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance
I could have missed the pain
But I’d have had to miss the dance
- Garth Brooks(?)
The Chariot
Today’s Card
The Chariot. Knowing who you are and having faith in yourself. Letting nothing distract you.
Today’s Hexagram
Fu (Turning Point). “There will be a free course and progress. He finds no one to distress him in his exits and entrances. Friends come to him, and no error is committed. He will return and repeat his proper course. In seven days comes his return. There will be advantage in whatever direction movement is made.”

First day back at work from “vacation.” I have never been so glad to be at the office in my life.

For the Homework Assignment:

  1. Four jobs I have had in my life:
    1. Instructional Designer/Technical Writer
    2. Trainer/Teacher
    3. Truck Driver/Lumper
    4. Musician
  2. Four movies I have watched over and over
    1. The Lord of the Rings
    2. Serenity
    3. Young Frankenstein
    4. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
  3. Four places I have lived (With the exception of 2, I could probably name at least four cities in each of these regions.)
    1. Brazosport, Texas
    2. Phenix City, Alabama (they never did learn to spell it correctly)
    3. Greater Houston, Texas
    4. Central Texas
  4. Four TV shows I love to watch
    1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer (funny)
    2. West Wing (thoughtful)
    3. Grey’s Anatomy (emotional)
    4. American Football (always surprising)
  5. Four places I have been on vacation (This is a tough one.)
    1. Arkansas/Oklahoma
    2. Pale Face
    3. Big Bend
    4. South Padre Island
  6. Four of my favorite foods
    1. Anything with garlic, tomatoes, and basil
    2. Most Japanese Foods
    3. Most Chinese Foods
    4. Most Mexican/Central American Foods
    5. Most other foods
    6. Food in general
  7. Four people who will answer back
    1. PT (telepathically, at least)
    2. Captain Flatulence
    3. Dad
  8. Four people I know will not answer back
    1. I’ve forgotten

No comments:

Post a Comment