Thursday, January 25, 2007

More Music

Where we played.Amy’s Ice Cream on Burnet Road
 

Well, it finally happened. We had a gig.

Trey Bone with Special Guest (me) played at the Amy’s Ice Cream world headquarters for the 3M ½-Marathon. It was bloody cold. I couldn’t feel my guitar. Unfortunately, I could feel my fingers; they hurt.

Soon after we started, someone brought us each a breakfast burrito. I stuck mine in my coat pocket and used it to keep my left hand warm. That worked for about five minutes. Well, I’m not really sure if it worked or if it just prolonged the agony.

We played for about 45 minutes to an appreciative gathering of locals and runners. The runners didn’t stick around to listen, but many of them shouted their thanks. At least, I hope it was thanks. Apologies for the numb clunkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment