Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Happiness

But I’m standing here now with my heart held out to you
You would’ve thought a miracle was all that got us through
Well baby all I know, all I know is I’m still standing
And this is love all it ever was and will be

Mary Chapin Carpenter

Suna and Me after “The Hike”
Photo by Greg

It’s fairly obvious that this is us: me looking like I just farted and Suna saying, “Yep, he did it.” But give me a break, I had just finished the longest walk I had been on in, well decades. But I lived. Suna was radiant. And we both felt wonderful the next few days.

So why am I still posting about the hike? I’m not really. I’m posting about being happy and being comfortable about it. It’s just that the most recent pictures I have of the two of us together are all from “the hike.”

Notice: I am even quoting song lyrics again. Happy ones, at that.

So, hey world! I’m feeling good again—physically and emotionally. I have a life again. I have a wonderful woman in my life. I have a decent job that is somewhat rewarding. I have everything I need. And I am happy.

1 comment:

Suna said...

When I saw this, I started to cry, because I realized that this was literally the first time in decades that anyone ever told me how happy being with me made them. I've been a "practical choice," a "helpful hostess," and a substitute for the real object of desire. Now I get to be the first choice, the person someone wants to be with. And I can freely return the feeling. We may have found each other late, but that may not be bad--it really helps us appreciate what we have found.

Post a Comment