Friday, September 28, 2007

Texas Cookin’

Fake Enchiladas These are not real enchiladas.
Where’s the beef? Where’s the grease?
Photo credit: Leonor’s Restaurant
Get them enchiladas greasy
get them steaks chicken fried
>Sho’ do make a man feel happy
to see white gravy on the side

—Guy Clark

I decided to join Suna in posting a Friday Feast. Here is this week’s menu:

Appetizer: How are you today?
Antsy. Frustrated. Excited. Happy.
Soup: Name 3 television shows you watch on a regular basis.
  1. The Daily Show
  2. The Colbert Report
  3. Football
Salad: What’s the scariest weather situation you’ve experienced?
I can’t think of one. When I was a kid, I used to really enjoy hurricanes because we got out of school. I didn’t know to be afraid of them. Actually, I am more afraid today of the things engineers do to protect us from storms than of the storms themselves.
Main Course: If you could wake up tomorrow morning in another country, where would you want to be?
I loved Canada and Panamá, but I would have to say that waking up next to Suna is more important to me than which country we are in.
Dessert: What do you usually wear to sleep?
I’m like an actress whose name I can’t remember. She said, “I used to sleep in the nude…before the earthquake.” No earthquake, but I learned my lesson when a drunk slammed his pickup into the light pole outside my bedroom one night. Fumbling around for clothes before I could go make sure nobody died slowed me down too much. BTW: nobody was even seriously hurt, although the guy whose sister was in the truck was not happy with the driver. Mayhem may have ensued at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment