Friday, October 05, 2007

Cheap Sunglasses

My Cheap Sunglasses Somehow, ZZ Top didn’t list my cheap sunglasses in their song.
Now go out and get yourself some thick black frames
With the glass so dark they won’t even know your name
And the choice is up to you cause they come in two classes:
Rhinestone shades and cheap sunglasses

Billy Gibbons, Dusty Hill, & Frank Beard

Today’s Friday Feast

Appetizer: On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how much do you look forward to your birthday?
If it weren’t for others, I probably wouldn’t notice it enough to differentiate it from any other day. But it does feel good when other people remember, and bad when they don’t (assuming I do). Funny how that works, ain’t it?
Soup: What is one word you don’t like the sound, spelling, or meaning of?
There are so many to choose from… If pressed, I would say “onomatopoeia.” I can’t spell it. An English word should not have that many contiguous vowels.
Salad: Do you wear sunglasses when you’re outside? If so, what does your current pair look like?
Sometimes. I like the shiny mirror ones that DPS officers stereotypically wear, but I can’t wear those any more because I often need to wear my corrective lenses. More often these days.
Main Course: If you were to write a book, to whom would you dedicate it?
I will have to dedicate my current effort to Suna.
Dessert: Name a beverage that you enjoy.
My current favorite is a frozen margarita. Love the salt, in spite of the blood pressure.

On the Job Front

I had another lovely interview this morning. I told them up-front that I had already decided to take a contract with ALE. From that point, we all relaxed and just had fun in the interview. I think I may end up doing some additional work for them on a piece-work basis, but wow! I wish they had a full-time opening. It sounds like exactly what I want to do.

I’ll just have to be patient for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment