Monday, February 11, 2008

If You’re Waitin’ on Me

I am getting better organized. Scary, huh?
Tryin’ to make a dovetail joint fit tight
If something’s worth doing, it’s worth doing right
—Steve Forbert

Over the last year, I have been alternating between piling stuff in the shop/garage and organizing it. I hit a milestone this weekend. Sunday was the first day that I had all my tools organized on the pegboard system that I expanded to include another wall. Turning the work bench (barely seen) 90° made that wall accessible and added a lot of usable space to work in.

I used to think that pegboard systems were for really anal people, especially the ones who outline every tool so that they’ll know where it hangs. I have learned just how convenient these systems can be. But I have not started outlining my tools…yet.

Grateful Monday

So, this week I am grateful for the last year. There have been ups and downs, but I can’t remember a time when there was less strife in my life. So, I am grateful for a good life with a kindhearted family.

2 comments:

Suna Kendall said...

The workroom looks so nice. And we sure are glad to have you in our lives.

Suna Kendall said...

I tagged you for another meme on my knitting blog. Because I know you love them.

Post a Comment