Friday, February 29, 2008

The Road Goes Ever On

It really was written as a single book. The publisher broke it!
Photo source: Amazon
The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can

—JRR Tolkien

Suna has a job. She starts Monday at the University of Texas. WOO HOO! Now I need to make sure I have something by the time this contract ends.

Friday’s Feast

Appetizer: Who was the last person you hugged?
Suna, this morning before I left for work. I thought seriously about being late.
Soup: Share a beauty or grooming trick or tip with us.
If you’re on a tight budget, substitute aloe vera gel for conditioner and moose.
Salad: What does the color yellow make you think of?
My mother’s kitchen in the ’70s. It was so yellow, it made me want to puke early in the mornings. I had to wait until I had been up for a while before venturing in there.
Main Course: If you were to make your living as a photographer, what subject would your pictures revolve around?
I don’t think I would want to specialize too much. If you spend too much time thinking about a gnat’s left earlobe, you miss the beauty of the creature and how it interacts with its environment. Landscapes can be breathtaking, but sometimes you need people in them. Portraits can be poignant, but sometimes it’s the setting that makes the portrait.
Dessert: What was the longest book you ever read?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment