I bought this Asiatic Lilly when I stopped into the home center several days ago. I bought it because it was such a pretty shade of red, and I thought it would go nicely in the front beds.
When I was putting it in the ground yesterday, I noticed that its name is “Orange Pixie.” The tag didn’t list the Latin name. We’ll just have to see if it turns more orange as it matures. Right now, it looks pretty damned red to me.
Suna posted another view to her Flickr account.
- Appetizer: Given the choice, would you prefer to live in the country or in the city?
- No question about it—I would much prefer to live in the country. Ideally, I wouldn’t be able to see my nearest neighbors—just acres and acres of ranchland or trees.
- Soup: Who is the cutest kid you know?
- That is an unfair question, but I would have to say Beccano because he smiles rather than scowls.
- Salad: Fill in the blank: I couldn’t believe it when I heard ___________.
- …the latest Linda Ronstadt album— Adieu False Heart, the one she did with Ann Savoy. I am used to hearing Ronstadt sing in Spanish; French is something else entirely. And they sing so well together!
- Main Course: If you could star in a commercial for one of your favorite products, which one would you want to advertise?
- The Fender Jazz Bass. I bought mine new in 1972. It has such a wide range of possible sounds and an easy action!
- Dessert: What type(s) of vitamins and/or supplements do you take on a regular basis?
- Stresstabs and Osteo Biflex. I sometimes take Centrum Silver as a substitute or supplement to the Stresstabs. The Osteo Biflex keeps my fingers from aching.