Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Suna’s Birthday

Suna models her new birthday present and smiles like Mona Lisa.
You say it’s your birthday
Well, it’s my birthday, too, yeah
—Lennon/McCartney

OK, not quite. My birthday’s next week. Today is Suna’s birthday. I gave her her birthday gift a little early so that she could wear it today, if she wanted. In fact, she put it on immediately and wore it to dinner last night, too. Anytime I can make Suna this happy, it feels like my birthday. She even forgave me for not giving her a card.

Here is a close-up of the necklace. Angela made a beautiful thing here.

So about the gift, it is a string of freshwater pearls and sterling silver beads. The clasp is decorative, secure, and sterling. The necklace and matching earrings were custom crafted by local jeweler Angela Woods-Meyer. Angela designed the set to coordinate with a silver and freshwater pearl that Suna already owned. And Suna doesn’t have to worry about seeing other people with this set; Angela never repeats a design.

No comments:

Post a Comment