- Appetizer: When someone smiles at you, do you smile back?
- Usually, I’m a friendly guy. I laugh a lot, and it’s easier to smile than frown—or so I’m told. But when people smile, I always think of the words of Jackson Browne:
Everyone I’ve ever known has wished me wellAnyway that’s how it seems, it’s hard to tellMaybe people only ask you how you re doing’Cause that’s easier than letting on how little they could careRemember a smile is justA frown turned upside downMy friend let me tell youSmiling faces, smiling faces sometimesThey don’t tell the truth, uhSmiling faces, smiling facesTell lies and I got proof
- Soup: Describe the flooring in your home. Do you have carpet, hardwood, vinyl, a mix?
- There is a mix of carpet, vinyl, and tile. We would like to change the carpet over to wood, but with the dog, tile is probably the winner there.
- Salad: Write a sentence with only 5 words, but all of the words have to start with the first letter of your first name.
- Which first name? My real one or the one I go by?
Not my best work.
- Ernest’s efforts evoke earnesty everywhere.
- Love lengthens life—lust less.
- Main Course: Do you know anyone whose life has been touched by adoption?
- Dessert: Name [two] blue things.
- The sky (sometimes)
- The Hot Shot Flying Insect Killer can