Late again, naturally. Wasn’t that a song by Gilbert O’Sullivan?
- Appetizer: What is the nearest big city to your home?
- Define “big city.” Some would say Austin with a population of 656,562 according to the 2000 Census. Some would call that a medium-sized city and defer to San Antonio with a population of 1,144,646. Personally, Austin is too big for me.
- Soup: On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how well do you keep secrets?
- Probably about a nine. Most secrets aren’t very interesting, and I forget about them. People have always told me things they shouldn’t, and I feel an obligation not to pass on things said in confidence—or even if think they may have been told in confidence. Maybe I’m just not very talkative. That’s why I write.
- Salad: Describe your hair (color, texture, length).
- It is very fine and curly—light brown going gray. How long it is depends on how wet it is and whether or not I did something to straighten it. It is long enough for me to wear in a pony tail.
- Main Course: What kind of driver are you? Courteous? Aggressive? Slow?
- All of the above plus a few others.
- Dessert: When was the last time you had a really bad week?
- I don’t know. I let go of the past fairly easily, especially if it’s bad. A bumper sticker I saw pretty much sums up my philosophy of life: “Sh*t happens. Don’t waller in it.”