Suna’s birthday is this Saturday. So I’ve been thinking a lot about birthdays.
This is a list of Table Topics questions I used at today’s Toastmasters meeting. Rather than having volunteers choose a number, I just picked a topic for them, including (jokingly) asking the guy I know never watches movies, “What’s your favorite birthday movie?”
- Tell us about your favorite birthday memory.
- Tell us about your worst birthday experience.
- James Doohan who played Scotty on original
Star Trekseries, would’ve been 91 today. Tell us about your favorite Scotty moment.1
- Do you keep your birthday secret from your coworkers? Why or why not?
- Describe the wonders of cake.2
- How do you usually celebrate your birthday?
- Adults typically fall and one of three categories:
Into which camp do you fall, and why?
- They lie about their age.
- They don’t worry about her age and may not even know what it is.
- Or they are proud of their age.
- Substitute any celebrity birthday.
- I half expected to get a dissertation about the band, Cake. Instead, I got a wonderful story about birthday pie.