Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Heart of a Dragon


Religious Jewelry: Dragon and Pentacle Necklace

While cleaning out the drawer to a nightstand today, I found a dragon pendant that had been given to me. I remember feeling slighted when I got it. It was so tiny, and X2’s crystal was much larger and nicer. I put the poor dragon away and didn’t see it again for years.

When I found this small dragon today, it started me thinking about a sermon that Rev. Chuck recently presented on the significance of religious jewelry. Religious jewelry has meaning beyond its monetary value. Its value derives from the meaning invested in it by the wearer. It should remind the wearer of some spiritual value or quest.

In this case, the pentacle reminds me that I walk with my head toward Heaven. I have power through the four elements, and I must remember to use that power well and wisely—and to remain balanced.

The dragon is also a symbol of power. It is an emissary of the Spirit to the Material plane. I now see that no gift is small. The dragon reminds me to master my ego and appreciate the things I have been given. I have so much to be thankful for.

Remembering the sermon, I tied the dragon to my pentacle so that they can guide me together. Unlike, Rev. Chuck, I do take off my religious jewelry. I often go for days at a time without wearing it. But when I do wear it, it reminds me to try to be a better person, to focus on the things that I value and to live this life as well as I can.


Guest Room in Progress

Oh, and speaking of the room I was fixing up when I found the dragon pendant again, here is a picture. Suna and I will soon have some art work on the walls to make it feel more welcoming and curtains to make it feel warmer. But the fresh paint and new bedspread are a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment