Friday, December 28, 2007

Time Passages

Al Stewart wrote many of my favorite songs.
Photo Soucre: AlStewart.com
Hear the echoes and feel yourself starting to turn
Don’t know why you should feel that there’s something to learn
It’s just a game that you play
—Al Stewart

I am back-posting Friday’s Feast. It’s really 2 January as I write this, but I’m dating it for the right date. I would like to say that I was late because I was thinking really deep thoughts or carefully considering my answers, but that would not be honest.

Friday’s Feast

Appetizer: Name two things you would like to accomplish in 2008.
  • Become solvent again
  • Have a nice wedding
Soup: With which cartoon character do you share personality traits?
There used to be a character named Ernest. Not only do we share a name, we also share many personality traits. My favorite quote: “Imagine all these young bucks going around trying to re-invent the wheel. Don’t they realize I re-invented it years ago?”
Salad: What time of day (or night) were you born?
11:45 AM. Just in time for lunch. Explains my life-long struggle with weight.
Main Course: Tell us something special about your hometown.
It has one of the highest cancer mortality rates in the country. Lots of chemicals.
This is a picture of my home town taken last Thanksgiving.
Dessert: If you could receive a letter from anyone in the world, who would you want to get one from?
I thought about this one for a while before deciding on Al Stewart, my favorite song writer. He was too literate to have more than a couple of commercial hits, and even those were out of sync with what was going on in the music of the day. You may remember “Year of the Cat,” “On the Border,” or “Time Passages.”

No comments:

Post a Comment