Monday, September 24, 2007

He Ain’t Heavy…


Doing Homework Together
The road is long
With many a winding turn
That leads us to who knows where
—Bobby Scott and Bob Russel

This is just a quick note to talk about brothers. This picture shows where brothers matter. They stick together and help each other.

Beccano was very upset about doing his homework. He was so upset that he could not remember how to do the math. TubaBoy sat with him for a while and did what he could to help without doing it for him. I was very impressed with TubaBoy’s teaching style.

Beccano eventually made the choice that having tomorrow night free to play Halo 3 was more important that catching the season premier of Heroes. This is just one of the many difficult choices he will have to make as he grows into manhood and learns that you really can’t have everything.

I am very proud of both boys for how they worked together and the decisions they made tonight. Both are remarkable, mature young men. I am amazed at how seamlessly they alternate the roles of big and younger brother. They really do look out for one another.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I can't make this sound right but I want you to know that I love the way you love my friend and her boys. It has been such a joy to witness your relationship unfold. Thank you for sharing it with me.

Post a Comment