Friday, September 04, 2015

Stained Glass

Stone is up across the back porch. Raul continued to rock the back of the house, even though I didn’t want to work in the threatening rain. We found two of these diamond-shaped windows. We found two of these windows.
Detail of a stained glass window. This is the most intricate of the windows we found. I wish there were more like it.
You can't get this great stuff anymore, I don’t know why
But I bet we’ll make some young strangers happy when we die

—Cheryl Wheeler

Since the weather didn’t look promising for [me to] work outside, Suna and I decided to get away to Temple to just hang out and have fun. We decided to go antiquing, something we hadn’t done in a while. Antiquing isn’t as productive as estate saling, but you don’t have to get up as early and it’s just as fun. We found some really nice old stained glass windows in one of the antique stores. They were really the only interesting things we found all day.

So we bought four of them to clean up and hang over the stairway. They won’t be damaged by the sunlight, and they should reflect it nicely.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment