Sunday, October 25, 2015

It Rained

Insufficient rain chains Once again, the rain chains were overpowered. Need more chains or a different solution. Mantle decorated for Halloween I forgot to mention that Jaime installed the mesquite mantle. Suna has it decorated for Halloween.
Used pallets in the mud make an unstable sidewalk. I need more pallets and a better way to get to the garage. front pond is full The front pond is full and cleaner after the deluge.
But I’ll know my song well before I start singin’
And it’s a hard, it’s a hard, it’s a hard, it’s a hard
It’s a hard rain’s a-gonna fall

—Bob Dylan

I don't really know how much rain we got since the rain gauges overfilled, but we have at least 7 inches over the last two days, and it's still raining. If it had come earlier, we might not have had the cigarette induced grass fire earlier this month. But it is what it is.

Once again our climate model held up: mainly drought broken by flood. The front pond was low enough to capture all the runoff, so the dam wasn’t breached this time. But the ground is very soggy. I spread a bunch of pallets between the garage and the front porch. I could use a couple more. At the height of the rain, they were just tall enough to keep our feet out of the water.

The ponds are all full again. The cattle will like that. The flow of fresh water also cleaned out most of the pond scum growing in the front pond.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment