Wednesday, January 13, 2016

We Learned Stuff

I have a blue shirt. Even though the slide I’m looking at is nearly blank, I did take good notes throughout the weekend. Photo by: Sue Ann
Sue Ann has her own comments on this seminar on the Hermit Haus Redevelopment website today.

As a long-time instructional designer in the corporate world, I appreciate good training. But the truth is, you can even learn something for poorly-designed training. This weekend seminar on marketing strategies wasn’t the best designed training I’ve ever seen, but it did have lots of good information. A passionate trainer helped.

My big take-aways include:

  • Marketing takes time to be effective. Keep throwing good money after…it.
  • While most mail campaigns can start to familiarize recipients with the sending business after four or five contacts, marketing to a probate list can take more than nine or ten contacts.
  • People will respond more favorably to mail marketing from a female name than a male one. Really?
  • The presenter has had good results from outbound calling. Again, really?
  • “But what about the dog?”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment