Thursday, May 26, 2016

I’d Rather Be…

Worse weather has passed, but more is coming. No trip to San Antonio today.
Okay. This picture is from a week in the future (when the post published on this site). The Walker’s Creek bank is normally on the other side of those trees. The fence going up from the left is our property line.
This post originated on the Hermit Haus Redevelopment blog on 2016-05-19.
In one of her songs, Mary Chapin Carpenter says, “Sometimes you’re the windshield; sometimes you’re the bug.” And while I don’t relish the idea of being the windshield, I work very hard not to be the bug. Very hard, indeed.
So despite my previous statement about redevelopment and wimps, I’m wimping out. Larry and I decided to cancel our trip to San Antonio to review progress on St. John’s house. Even the GC who lives there said traveling hundreds of miles under a flash flood advisory was not a good idea. I’m staying dry and (hopefully) safe in Round Rock today, and Larry is doing the same in Cameron.
We’ll go to San Antonio another day, and you’ll get to see more pictures then. Until then, I’m going to parrot Paul Simon: “I’d rather be….”

No comments:

Post a Comment