Sunday, December 29, 2019

Brody Brobro Brodybro

This is the inspiration for the children’s rhyme.
This poem started out with Brody and a “fearsome bug.”
When wrote this doggerel in 2018, I thought it might be a good “book” for a kids’ book. I don’t know an illustrator, though.
So, here it is:
Brody has a pretty face.
His name means, “from a muddy place.”
 
With all his friends, we have a pack,
Brody always has my back.
 
He takes really good care of me.
He tries to protect me from everything
 
Like snakes and sticks and fearsome bugs.
He knocks me down and gives me hugs.
 
When I am away, he misses me.
When I come back, he licks my face and kisses me.
 
He’s always having lots of fun.
He loves to run and run and run.
 
When he gets hot, he likes to swim.
He finds the pond and jumps right in.
 
He likes to go on long, long walks.
He tells me things. It’s like he talks.
 
He always tells me what he’s done.
“I chased the cows, and it was fun.”

No comments:

Post a Comment