Monday, April 18, 2016

Texas Flood

You can usually step over the creek in the distance.
Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
—Larry Davis, Joseph Wade Scott
More than 4.5 inches of rain at a time is a lot of water! Even Brody is impressed.
Well, they would be, if we had any telephone lines. But the amount of rain we’ve had over the last few days troubles even the cell tower. Coverage has been intermittent. Luckily, data seems to take less bandwidth than voice calls.
I’ve been holed up in the house with the dogs. They seem to enjoy me not going anywhere, especially during thunderstorms.
Over the last week, we have had just over seven inches of rain, almost five of them fell last night. They ground is soggy, and the creek is well into flood stage. Luckily, it is a long way below the house. We planned that well, at least.
I can’t say I’m unhappy about the amount of rain. Like everyone else around here, I wish it would come more evenly over the year. But I know I’ll be wishing for more soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment