Tuesday, November 03, 2015

The Heart of the Business

This guy is just so cute! How could we not recycle him into another post or two.
This post originally appeared on the Hermit Haus website on 2015-11-02.

Carol, Russell, and I invested three days in an intensive real estate business development seminar lead by Austin real estate guru Phill Grove. Like many of these seminars, I found myself suffering from retention exhaustion before each day was over. There is just so much information a brain can process without a break. On the other hand, there was more useful information and actual strategies in Phill’s seminar than in any two other seminars I’ve been to combined. No wonder I couldn’t absorb it all at one (or even three) sittings. Phill is a masterful presenter who actually practices what he preaches. He and his wife Shenoah are also among the nicest human beings I’ve ever sat down to dinner with.

So what was my number one takeaway from this event? It’s simple. The head makes the money, but the heart gets the deal. If you’re not doing this business for the right reasons, it will eat you alive. Sure, you can bully your way into a deal or two, but that won’t get you far. To be successful you have to really want to solve people’s problems. It’s good to have your fundamental values reinforced.

Phill and Shenoah gave me a half-dozen new problem solving tools for my toolbox this weekend. Now it’s time to put those tools to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment