Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Banking Weirdness

The peak above the entry shows some of the deferred maintence we will be taking care of with this project.

Suna and I have decided to do some much needed maintenance to the house. We’re going to replace all the exterior trim with hardy plank, put up new gutters. Replace one of the front flower beds with a brick patio. Paint the tall walls in the front entry way.

This flowerbed will be ripped out and replaced with a brick patio. That way we can enjoy being outside when the weather permits without being eaten alive by the mosquitoes.

I went to the bank to talk about borrowing against a couple of CDs. Imagine my surprise when I found out that my existing unsecured line of credit has a lower interest rate than a secured, fixed term loan. I just don’t understand modern banking. But at least there isn’t any additional paperwork to fill out. We also signed the contract with the contractor who is going to do the work. They will start having material delivered on Monday and should be finished well before the wedding.

I’ll keep you advised of how it goes, gentle reader, as I spend the net of my fruit company contract.

No comments:

Post a Comment