Tuesday, March 10, 2009

CTID Shuts Down

To everything (turn, turn, turn)
There is a season (turn, turn, turn)
And a time to every purpose, under heaven
A time to be born, a time to die

—Pete Seger

The Persian saying holds, “This too shall pass.” Accepting a CMA award (or a Grammy, I don’t recall which) soon after she had announced her retirement, Naomi Judd said, “It just hit me. That applies to good things, too.” So it comes to pass with another idea I had.

I started Central Texas Instructional Design (CTID) to share my experience and lessons learned in instructional design. It was part of a “free marketing” effort to help market myself by establishing a web presence and self-publishing credibility. But it turns out I have neither the time nor the energy to pursue the effort after taking a full-time position with the Fruit Company as World-Wide Manager for Training Assessment.

Given that the blog had actually attained a few followers, I probably should maintain the blog in event the Fruit Company and I should ever part ways, but....

Instead, I have migrated the postings from that blog into this one under the tag Central Texas Instructional Design. The posts are all back-dated to their original publication date.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment