Flew in from Miami Beach BOACDidn’t get to bed last nightOh, the way the paper bag was on my kneeMan, I had a dreadful flightJohn Lennon & Paul McCartney
Suna’s dad arrived late this evening after a long day fighting the airlines. We picked up The Prince at the airport. He had a long day of it. His wonderful flight that would have had him here at 11:30 AM was canceled because the plane never left Dallas for NC the previous day. We knew that ahead of time, and he had called American Airlines to have them make a change.
Unfortunately, he got a trainee who completely screwed up. Apparently, instead of rerouting him as she had said, she just canceled everything. To their credit, AA took care of him today. They paid for a limo to take him half-way across NC to catch another flight and a cab to take him from one Dallas airport to the other for the connection to Austin. Even that extraordinary measure left him in airports or on a plane for almost 15 hours. He may never want to visit us again.After picking him up, we took him to Mesa Rosa, which has almost become a second dining room for us. A good meal and a few beers later, we were all in a much better frame of mind—ready to come home and go to bed.
- Appetizer: If you could be any current celebrity for one whole week, who would you want to be?
- If I could, I would want to be Al Stewart, I guess. I’ve always wanted to write as well as he does. And it might be nice to have his wine cellar.
- Soup: On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being highest), how much do you enjoy talking on the phone?
- Salad: Name a charitable organization to which you have donated (or would like to).
- The church.
- Main Course: What is a food you like so much you could eat it every single day for a month?
- There isn’t one I would want to eat every day. Variety is the spice of life.
- Dessert: Have you or anyone in your family had the flu this year?
- I did. It wasn’t that bad, but the pneumonia that followed on its heels was a killer.