Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Comedy in the Capital

We had a little trouble finding Cap City Comedy Club last night, mainly because we thought it was on 183 at Lamar, but you couldn’t get to it if you took the Lamar exit. But we got there well before the show started and got to visit a little.

It turns out that going to a comedy club is a good activity for a work night. The show was over by 22:00. We were in bed very close to our usual time. I will say I liked the local acts (except for a two) that opened much better than the headliner. One of the locals was a black guy who had me in tears. “Why are the old folks the only ones dating?’ he asked after we were the only ones who admitted to being on a date. I wish I had gotten his name. I would like to see his act again as he grows.

But to be fair, But to be fair, Eddie Gossling said he had a terrible cold and had just flown in. Flying with a cold is miserable, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

No comments:

Post a Comment