Sunday, March 30, 2008

Friday’s Feast

Appetizer: What does the color dark green make you think of?
Arbor vitae.
Soup: How many cousins do you have?
I have no idea. My father’s brother had no children. My mother had one sister, but I only met her once. I don’t know if she had any children or not. If you take the older definition of any blood relative, the number could be infinite.
Salad: On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how honest are you?
8.5. I don’t think anyone who is truly honest would ever answer 10. We all have some dishonesty in us. Even Mother Theresa hid her crisis of faith. Ghandi was able to keep his vow of poverty because he relied on rich friends.
Main Course: Name something that is truly free.
…Still thinking. Everything I come up with results from the labor of something. Just because we don’t pay for it doesn’t mean that it’s free.
Dessert: Using the letters in the word SPRING, write a sentence.
Sarah Price ran inside, nearly gutting herself on the knife her brother was using to peel an apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment