Many chose to answer in the comments section of the blog, but I always posted my responses in my own blog.
Well, I always enjoyed answering the questions and reading the answers my friends posted in their blogs. So I’m going to try on the mantle of Inquisitor, breaking out the dreaded Comfy Chair and Soft Cushion.
I’m calling this new initiative, “Food for Thought.” Each post will contain five questions presented as a menu, as did
If you want to answer in the comments, feel free. If you want to answer in your own blog, please post a link to it in the comments.
Food for Thought
Without further ado, here is the first menu:
- Appetizer: Who is the person physically nearest you right now? What is that person doing?
- Suna is sitting on the other side of the bed and knitting as I type. She is waiting for a phone call. (I am typing this blog ahead of time.)
- Soup: Hit Shuffle on your mp3 player. What do you like most about the song came up? (If you don’t have an mp3 player, use the song currently on your favorite radio station.)
- The song that came up is “Body Is a Car” by Four Bitchin’ Babes. They are one of the most innovative groups of the last decade. Four singer-songwriters who sing well together, their music is both musically interesting and lyrically funny. Although at times, as in this song, they show a deeper nature. “My body is a car driving my soul around.” The song then pushes the metaphor to in several directions. That said, it is not my favorite Bitchin’ song.
- Salad: What is your favorite restaurant?
- I guess it wouldn’t surprise any of my faithful reader if I said, ”Mesa Rosa.” But I think eating there is helping me put back on some of the weight I fought so hard to get rid of.
- Entré: What are you most looking forward to in the Obama administration? What do you most fear? (Even Republicans has something to hope for, and even Democrats have something that they fear.)
- I am most looking forward to have a leader with moral integrity instead of situational ethics. I am so tired of the “torture is wrong when they do it to us but OK when we do it to them” mentality.
- What I am most fearful of is that some bigot with a telescopic sight will bring this presidency to an early end. I’m not sure the country could survive that.
- Dessert: What made you laugh hardest in the last 24 hours?
- My head has been too stopped up to do much laughing over the last few days. I do remember laughing really hard at something on the
Daily Showlast night. Unfortunately, I the Nyquil keeps me from remembering what it was.