Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Happiness

Suna and I after “The Hike”Photo by Greg
But I’m standing here now with my heart held out to you
You would’ve thought a miracle was all that got us through
Well baby all I know, all I know is I’m still standing
And this is love all it ever was and will be

Mary Chapin Carpenter

It’s fairly obvious that this is us: me looking like I just farted and Suna saying, “Yep, he did it.” But give me a break, I had just finished the longest walk I had been on in, well decades. But I lived. Suna was radiant. And we both felt wonderful the next few days.
So why am I still posting about the hike? I’m not really. I’m posting about being happy and being comfortable about it. It’s just that the most recent pictures I have of the two of us together are all from “the hike.”
Notice: I am even quoting song lyrics again. Happy ones, at that.
So, hey world! I’m feeling good again—physically and emotionally. I have a life again. I have a wonderful woman in my life. I have a decent job that is somewhat rewarding. I have everything I need. And I am happy.

1 comment:

Suna Kendall said...

When I saw this, I started to cry, because I realized that this was literally the first time in decades that anyone ever told me how happy being with me made them. I've been a "practical choice," a "helpful hostess," and a substitute for the real object of desire. Now I get to be the first choice, the person someone wants to be with. And I can freely return the feeling. We may have found each other late, but that may not be bad--it really helps us appreciate what we have found.

Post a Comment