Friday, June 20, 2008

Friday’s Feast

Appetizer: If you could live on another continent for 1 year, which one would you choose?
For a year? I would probably enjoy anywhere except India or Africa for a year. Oh, not Antarctica either. I would be much pickier about a permanent move.
Soup: Which browser do you use to surf the Internet?
Firefox 2.0.0.14. But now that 3.0 is out, I will probably be upgrading to it soon. I tried 3.0/RC1, but it was still too unstable. There have been several interim releases since then.
Salad: On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being highest), how much do you know about the history of your country?
I’d guess about a six. That means I consistently scored in the 99th percentile on standardized tests.
Main Course: Finish this sentence: Love is…
I would simply change the elipsis to a period. But if that’s too much of a cheat, I’ll paraphrase the song by 10cc: “Love is a rollercoaster that we all ride.”
Dessert: Have you ever been in or near a tornado?
Twice:
  • In Houston, Trackgrease and I steped out on the back poarch to enjoy a thunderstorm. At one point, he said, “Dad, that sounds like a tornado!” I thought it was too quiet, so he and I stayed outside watching the storm. The next morning, we went to breakfast only to find a large swath of destruction cutting through the neighborhood and starting only a couple of blocks from the house.
  • A few weeks ago, we came home from choir rehearsal in a thunderstorm. I got out of the truck and heard that familiar sound from the previous paragraph.

No comments:

Post a Comment