Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday’s Feast

My feast this morning began with looking out the window into the back yard. The sun was shining through the trees. It hit the BBQ pit just so, creating the illusion of a little dancing flame on the side of the black pit. It was wonderful. I wish I could have stopped the analytical part of my brain from parsing the effect and just enjoyed it.

Appetizer: When was the last time you had your hair cut/trimmed?
I think it was April 2006. It needs it again.
Soup: Name one thing you miss about being a child.
Security. No matter how old you are when it happens, I think the onset of adulthood is when you realize that security is a myth.
Salad: Pick one: butter, margarine, olive oil.
Why choose? They can all be appropriate in some circumstances. I like to cook veggies in butter and most meals in olive oil. Margarine may not be the healthiest choice, but it can be tasty in small doses.
Main Course: If you could learn another language, which one would you pick, and why?
I can learn other languages; I just am too lazy to do it well. So the premise is false. It the question were, “If you could be magically endowed with another language, which one would you choose,” I would choose Chinese. With Suna knowing Japanese and both of us already having a mattering of Spanish, Chinese would enable us to travel and communicate anywhere in the world I think we are likely to want to go.
Dessert: Finish this sentence: In 5 years I expect to be…
55.

No comments:

Post a Comment