Saturday, February 21, 2009

First Day Back in the Garden

I took a bunch of pictures of my new wild flower garden, but none of the pictures were usable. Maybe tomorrow.

Today was the first time I’ve had a chance to get back into the garden since winter set in. I had a lot of fun, and my head is clear even though I forgot to take my allergy medicine today.

The first thing I had to do was drag all of the equipment out of the garage. I ran the mulching mower over a big pile of leaves the wind had gathered in the side yard. I was going to put them in the compost pile after sifting through it. But I ran out of time, so the bag of leaves is still sitting by the back gate.

I then ran the edger and swept the resulting dirt and grass pieces. Finally, I ran the weed eater around the flower bed walls. It was all great fun that pointed out how out of shape I am after the winter’s inactivity.

The cure for this is more work in the garden. Luckily, the days are getting longer, so I will have the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment