Monday, April 23, 2007

The Song Remains the Same (at work anyway)

Treble Clef This reminds me of my time in the school band, except that these kids enjoy it.

Nothing to report today on the job front. All is rumor, dust, and waiting.

When I got home, I was asked to evaluate a bunch of applications for scholarships for band camp. Several of the 19 applications were obviously written by adults. Others were so lame the kids obviously wrote them without parental input. I gave those kids higher marks for attitude because they really want it. I didn’t give the kids taking private lessons any additional credit because their parents can afford to pay for the lessons. I wanted to help the kids who wanted it but had less opportunity than some of the more arrogant ones.

Reading the papers was a tad soporific but surprisingly fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment