Monday, April 30, 2007

A Three Hour Tour

The Shoreline of Lake Austin

In the midst of a sever thunderstorm advisory, my whole team packed up and caravanned down to Lake Austin for an off-site at Austin Party Cruises. I forgot to take my camera. So I had to stop of at the house on my way down to the boat, which meant that I almost missed the “three hour cruise.” (If you hear the harmonies in that phrase, you are dating yourself. And that’s illegal in most Southern states.)

We spent much of the cruise below decks because of the rain. But as you can see from the photo, the skies eventually cleared leaving the temps brisk and enjoyable.

I was most impressed by the number of rich people who live in Austin. The number of megabuck houses that line the lake is astounding. I had no idea there were that many lawyers and lobbyists. While beautiful, it seems to be a dreadful waste of resources. Just shows that the world never changes.

Of course, there was no news on the re-org. Today was a distraction from that.